Sunday, April 5, 2009

Art Gallery is a success!



It's funny cause your thinking, that so and so said they will come to the show, but for some reason they don't make it. On the flip side of that coin, you see people you had no idea would come. Then people purchase prints, who you never even met before. The place was packed! More people than I expected. A lot of the people were my relatives, but mostly friends.

The reception offered a nice atmosphere with refreshments.

When it was all said and done, I was approached by the board about putting on a class for digital art. I didn't see that one coming! I will have to see how that all goes, after the gallery finishes next month!

It was a success! My wife and I both feel completely exhausted now.. Time for a break!

Check my website out.. I just added my latest renderings!

When everything was perfect, the ancestors gathered for a Native American Church meeting. One time the Buffalo would run it, next time it would be the bear, or the eagle, the clan leaders would take turns leading the service. The bear, and buffalo would go by the season. Spring and summer the buffalo is in charge. In the fall and winter, the bear would lead since it was their time to be in charge. The other clans would get permission to run things. There is an order to how things are conducted among the Otoe Missouria. At one time there were either 11 or 12 clans of the Otoe, but only 7 today.

No comments: