Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spirits watch over us!


I have a friend that I met through Photoshop, who takes wonderful photos of hoot owls, eagles, yellowhammers. Significant birds of our people. Sacred birds, and I feel very fortunate to have made Connie and her husband's acquaintance. I now have an unlimited source of photos I can use to paint with.

These past few days have been very trying here, with tornado warnings. The local TV stations here are very good with keeping you abreast to all the warnings. They have storm chasers out looking for funnels that drop out of the clouds, relaying the info back to the station, and airing it for everyone to see. They do a great job in keeping everyone informed.

Connie had submitted a picture of a hoot owls face, I took that picture and I did a hurry up job of it, with a tornado that happened in Enid, Okla. I have no shortness of inspiration living here. Living here, keeps you very mindful of the creator's power, and his grace. We pray a lot for our home, and for those that maybe in the line of fire with a tornado.

This is the end result of what I did. Enjoy..

1 comment:

Yemoonyah said...

The tornado didn't have to come to your house anymore because you have listened to its spirit and manifested its message as a piece of art to share with the world :-)