Saturday, September 4, 2010

Good time in Tahlequah

The "Abstract Warrior" painting got honorable mention this time at the Cherokee National Holiday Art show. There was around 30 or so entries in the digital, graphics category, so I was happy with my showing, since I didn't know who the judges were.

Got to meet some nice people, some customers that appreciate my art. Saw some pretty amazing art as well. The reception afterwards was good.

Downtown Tahlequah was jumping, softball tournament, powwow, and 3 other art galleries going on all at the same time. Wife and I took some pictures at one of the parks there, went to a coffee shop and had coffee and cake while we waited for the show to begin.

Then today (Saturday), I was lucky enough to win a print by Sharon Irla "Necessity of a Mother" print #1. Her work is pretty amazing.

There is so much to do there, that we are planning on going back when we can do more stuff there.

No comments: