Monday, September 5, 2011

Latest happenings

My wife and I went back to Tahlequah again for the Cherokee Holiday art show, that was held at the armory again, and for the 3rd time in a row, I walked across the stage for my painting "The abstract fancy dancer". They always bring in new judges for this event, and thus far they have liked my entries. This time neither one of my paintings sold. My other entry was the "Ponca trail of tears". We had a great time there. Got to meet a few more people. American Meredith, Tom Farris and Troy Jackson. Tom owns a Native American art gallery in Norman, Okla. America owns one in Santa Fe, NM. America was one of the judges for the show. Troy is a great artist as well. I hope to get to meet more as time allows. Another good thing about attending these art shows and viewing all the wonderful artwork, you get energized to want to create. It has you thinking about something outside the box. We will see how things develop. Our home studio is now complete except for one more set of shelves for my wife's yarn and material. It actually looks like a studio. Were happy with it up to this point. Still not sure about a date yet for our gallery opening, but it will happen!

No comments: